Analyze and visualize data with Power BI
About This Video
- Use Power BI to gather data, create reports, and get in action within few minutes.
- Bring the power of business intelligence to everyone including the non-tech users using Power BI as a tool.
- Build a solid base with the recent updated features of Power BI to support efficient decision-making across any number of business sectors.
Are you wasting time on compiling data from multiple sources instead of analyzing data? Are you relying on your Tech team to develop custom reports and dashboards? Power BI is a self-service business intelligence tool that reduces your dependency on the IT team to create reports and dashboards. Power BI is used to get insights from the data, saving your cost and time.
This course aims to equip you with BI tools to make better business decisions and create accurate reports and dashboards in just few minutes. This course is specifically designed to give you hands-on experience of Power BI with more of a focus on practical applications in business environments. You’ll walk through Power BI, end to end, starting from how to connect to and import your data, author reports using Power BI Desktop, and publish those reports to the Power BI service.
By taking this course, you’ll build a solid ground in business intelligence and will be able to create real-time reports and dashboards in minutes.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on Github at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-on-Data-Visualization-with-Microsoft-Power-BI
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Power BI
- Chapter 2 : Data Transformation and Modeling
- Chapter 3 : Power BI Desktop Visualizations
Chapter 4 : Power BI Service
- Introduction to Power BI Service 00:03:17
- Uploading Reports to Power BI Service and Quick Insights 00:04:16
- Natural Language Querying 00:02:32
- Alerts and Notifications in Power BI Service 00:04:17
- Personal Gateway 00:04:27
Chapter 5 : Working with Excel in Power BI
- Using Excel Data in Power BI 00:01:59
- Connecting to Excel Workbook on OneDrive for Business 00:02:15
- Pinning Excel Tables or Visuals 00:02:59
Chapter 6 : Publishing and Sharing
- Introduction to Content Pack, Security, and Groups 00:01:32
- Creating a Group 00:01:44
- Creating, Using, and Editing Content Pack 00:04:16
- Row-Level Security (RLS) 00:04:56
- Integrate and Share OneDrive for Business with Power BI 00:01:56
- Chapter 7 : Power BI Mobile
- Title: Hands-On Data Visualization with Microsoft Power BI
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789805185
You might also like
Learning Microsoft Power BI
Create insightful dashboards with the help of interactive reports and compelling visualizations to analyze your data …
Microsoft Power BI Cookbook
Get more out of Microsoft Power BI turning your data into actionable insights About This Book …
Learn Power BI
Solve business challenges with Microsoft Power BI's advanced visualization and data analysis techniques Key Features Create …
Getting Actionable Insights from Power BI
Analyze data and extract actionable insights using Power BI About This Video No-nonsense practical tips on …