Deliver software faster and more reliably with DevOps projects on Azure
About This Video
- Implement fast, easy, and cost- effective DevOps with open source tools and Azure resources to meet your business goals.
- Use build and release management to build, deploy, and test for continuous improvement of your services
- Configure a full CI/CD pipeline for any Azure app using the language and app framework you want
In this fast-paced IT world, enterprises normally struggle in the race to be the first to reach market and Agile methodologies sometimes do not meet the requirements of being fast-paced. Automation, DevOps, Cloud-powered Software-as-a-service solutions tend to support the niche for the enterprises, enabling them to do more. In this course, we’ll dive deeper into all these three aspects of fast-paced software development, releases and error-mitigation.
We’ll begin by exploring the basic needs of DevOps practices and in what way the on-premises DevOps implementations can be expensive to manage and use, especially if you are a startup. You’ll then move on to explore Azure DevOps and key areas of the product, such as Azure Repositories, the Pipelines and most notably how we can integrate this with our current enterprise directories, using Azure Active Directory. Moving on, take a tour of the DevOps cycle, especially the triggers for Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment and learn to extend the Pipelines or modify them to tailor our needs. Further, look at how Azure DevOps dashboard provides us with an insight on live traffic, drill down in those metrics and how, rerunning the same cycle we can mitigate bugs and production errors in a minute or so. Apart from automation, you’ll also learn the use of human-intervention in the cycle. Finally, we’ll explore a Node.js web application, and utilize the open sources SDKs for Application Insights.
In this course, you will delve into the DevOps support on Microsoft Azure and investigate about the teams that can migrate their existing DevOps solutions to Microsoft Azure, using Azure DevOps project. By the end of this course, you will be an expert in testing, deploying, and monitoring your applications with Azure.
The code bundle for this video course is available at - https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-On-DevOps-on-Azure
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to DevOps
- Chapter 2 : DevOps on Azure
- Chapter 3 : Creating a DevOps Project on Azure
- Chapter 4 : VSTS Pipelines
- Chapter 5 : Configure App Service
- Chapter 6 : Automating Your Workflows
- Chapter 7 : Monitoring and Management
- Title: Hands-On DevOps on Azure
- Release date: November 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789533484