Build modern and scalable enterprise applications using Java 9 and Java EE 8 and become a professional Java developer
About This Video
- Develop a working Java Website and RESTful microservices by learning industry best practices.
- Delve into Java's advanced concepts and implement them hands-on in professional applications from all spheres
- Build enterprise-level Java apps to become a skilled Java programmer in your organization
This video course will set you on the path to become a skilled and professional Java developer by exploring Java9 and Java EE 8 and learning how these technologies can be used to create a modern, scalable enterprise application.
We will use case studies to explore how we can use the JEE8 technologies of JSF, EJB, and JPA to build a database-driven website, while all the time working with new Java 9 constructs. You'll learn how to extract a component from our website as a standalone microservice and decouple your microservice to allow it to be reused within an organization. We will then delve into Java 9 technologies such as JShell, modules, the Streams API, Multi-Jar, Process APIs, and HTTP/2 clients.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Installation and Setup
- Chapter 2 : Creating Our First Java EE 8 Application
- Chapter 3 : Creating the Service Layer
- Chapter 4 : Creating a Data Layer with JPA
- Chapter 5 : Developing a Payment Microservice
- Chapter 6 : Java 9 – Modules
- Title: Hands-On Enterprise Application Development with Java 9
- Release date: April 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788832229