Get a new perspective on C# code using the Functional Programming approach. Write better C# code with practical examples
About This Video
- This course focuses on the functional paradigm of C#, which will give you a whole new angle on coding with C#
- Discover everything you need to know about Functional Programming, and learn how to use it in your C# code today.
- Use Functional Programming alongside existing OOP techniques so you can get the best of both worlds and develop clean, robust code
When C# programs get more complex, they become hard to understand, and as a result are much harder to maintain. We suggest a few approaches from Functional Programming to resolve this and make the code readable, reusable, testable and structured.
This course will present some basic Functional Programming ideas and suggest how to make use of the functional features of C# in your everyday work. As C# is deeply object-oriented by design, we'll concentrate on the bits of Functional Programming that are easily applicable to it—such as LINQ, pure functions, and dot-chaining (aka composability). We won't explore functional terms such as monads and functors in too much detail; rather we provide examples of real C# using functional features. You'll improve the maintainability and testability of your application and gain the confidence to start a new project with Functional Programming paradigms.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-on-Functional-C-sharp
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting to Grips with Functional C#
- Chapter 2 : Refactor the ‘for’ Loop
- Chapter 3 : Using LINQ
- Chapter 4 : Extending LINQ
- Chapter 5 : Clean Code with Pure Functions
- Chapter 6 : Isolating the Side Effects
- Chapter 7 : Putting the Application Together
- Title: Hands-On Functional C#
- Release date: November 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789611397