Drive player satisfaction, fun, retention, and replayability with intelligent non-player characters
About This Video
- A comprehensive and friendly guide to creating games with AI
- Covers the latest techniques and code examples of Game AI
- Personalize your existing game AI and more efficient to improve your overall game performance
Game AI is used to create game characters that will challenge, assist, and interact with a player. Without good game AI, you can’t keep the player in the gamefor more than few minutes. It’s as important as the game play, story, and graphics.
In this course, you’ll understand how to make game AI. You’ll understand the importance of AI in your game, how to create games like Tic-Tac-Toe, and how to use search algorithms. You’ll see how make decisions using decision trees where the logic and behavior of the AI are defined.
Moving on, you’ll learn to use the Finite State Machine to move your game from one state to another and control its behavior and logic. You’ll add movement to game AI so they respond according to a situation and follow a path. Finally, you’ll learn to create different levels in the game to make it more challenging and implement everything together.
By the end of the course, you’ll know how to create your own exciting games using AI.
All the code files for this course are present here: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-On-Game-AI-Development
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Why Do We Need Artificial Intelligence in Games?
- Chapter 2 : Implementing Decision Trees
- Chapter 3 : Using Finite-State Machines (FSM)
- Chapter 4 : Movement and Pathfinding
- Chapter 5 : Path Planning and Deploying your Game
- Title: Hands-on Game AI Development
- Release date: November 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788990912