Integrate the best of both worlds: GIS and R programming
About This Video
- Gain multi-disciplinary geospatial and application-development skills that are applicable to research, GIS consultants, data analysts, environmental services, and cartography companies.
- Bridge the gap between GIS and programming languages to maximize the capacities of your geospatial workflow.
- Use the most up-to-date and popular suite of software/packages for modern programming and best coding practices
Integrating geospatial data science and traditional cartographic methods is in demand for modern geospatial analysts. In an age of flourishing data products, having a working proficiency with QGIS and R is an added advantage to every analyst.
This course introduces you to the full workflow, ranging from acquiring data, data wrangling, and analysis to outputting and publishing visualization products. We touch on a variety of datasets (including remote-sensing data and techniques) and incorporate machine learning in QGIS analytical steps. We further investigate geospatial analysis using the most up-to-date R packages, such as ggplot2, raster, sf, Leaflet, and Shiny.
By the end of the course, you will be able to produce interactive maps and professional cartographic products, deploy them as a Shiny application, and critique a variety of end-results.
The code bundle for this video course is available at - https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-On-Geospatial-Analysis-with-R-and-QGIS-3.4
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Introduction to Spatial Data and Operating Environment
- Course Overview 00:03:56
- Introduction to Spatial Data and GIS 00:02:59
- Geospatial Data Science and the Need for Reproducible Workflow 00:04:30
- Software Download and Setup 00:03:40
- Chapter 2 : Data Preparation and Basic Plotting
- Chapter 3 : Geospatial Processing with Tidyverse and sf Package
- Chapter 4 : Geospatial Processing with Raster Package and Machine Learning
Chapter 5 : Visualization and Application Deployment
- Shiny Server – The Basics 00:02:57
- Sharing the Map on Shiny 00:02:51
- Reactive Values – Displaying Static Plots Upon Clicking on a Polygon 00:04:35
- Deploying the Application 00:03:19
- Advanced Customizations in Shiny 00:05:11
- Chapter 6 : Extending Beyond the Map
- Title: Hands-On Geospatial Analysis with R and QGIS 3.4
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789950052