Chapter 16. Samba
This chapter covers the following subjects:
• Samba—This section covers file sharing using Samba.
• Samba Security—This section looks at Samba security.
• Samba Clients—This section looks at how to connect clients to the Samba server.
The following RHCE exam objectives are covered:
• Install the packages needed to provide the service
• Configure SELinux to support the service
• Configure the service to start when the system is booted
• Configure the service for basic operation
• Configure host-based and user-based security for the service
• Provide network shares to specific clients
• Provide shares suitable for group collaboration
As a Linux administrator, when you think Windows, you should also think Samba. Samba is a great ...
Get Hands-on Guide to the Red Hat Exams: RHSCA and RHCE Cert Guide and Lab Manual now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.