Cue points are events that fire during the playback of Flash video, which act as programmatic triggers to which you can tie other events and actions. Cue points therefore make it very easy to add richer functionality to your Flash video applications that goes far beyond standard audio and video playback.
Common uses for cue points include, but are not limited to:
• Display of chapter titles
• Navigation within a video
• Synchronization of external assets such as graphics or slides
• The display of closed captions (also referred to as subtitles)
• Invocation of external URLs
• Loading of other video, audio, image or text content.
This chapter will describe how to use cue points and the various cue point types. ...