A practical course for beginners to Ansible. Learn to deploy applications the right way
About This Video
- Understand infrastructure automation and learn to decide what makes Ansible a good choice for your projects.
- Get started with Ansible through playbooks and organize the automation of infrastructure tasks by building and using roles from Ansible Galaxy.
- Explore variables and templates to make it easy to configure application deployments.
Ansible is an infrastructure automation framework; other examples include Chef, Puppet, and SaltStack. While each framework offers its own unique features, Ansible has an advantage: simplicity. Ansible configuration uses simple, compact, and clean YAML files that are easy to understand and maintain. Ansible is agentless, which means Ansible itself doesn't need to be installed on target machines. At the same time, while Ansible is simple to learn, it is powerful and extensible, making it the perfect choice even for demanding tasks such as configuring an entire OpenStack cluster.
This video course will show you how to use Ansible to automate deployment so you can quickly and reliably run and upgrade your applications. You will learn how Infrastructure Automation results in cost reduction, productivity, availability, reliability, and performance. You will follow along step-by-step on a real Ansible deployment of dotCMS, an open-source Content Management System (CMS), which will deliver content to websites, intranets and mobile apps. You will gain real-world experience that will get you started quickly on your own deployments. This will include information on all of Ansible's core concepts and features, including playbooks, tasks, roles, templates, variables, and modules.
By the end of the course, you will be able to create and maintain Ansible playbooks, roles, and custom modules, enabling you to make full use of Ansible as part of a DevOps or automation strategy.
The code bundle for this video course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-on-Infrastructure-Automation-with-Ansible
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : What Ansible Can Do?
- Chapter 2 : Exploring Inventory and Playbook Usage
- Chapter 3 : Applying Roles to Multiple Systems
- Chapter 4 : Using the Template Library
- Chapter 5 : Maintaining Roles and Templates with Variables
- Chapter 6 : Storing Your Project Files in the Vault
- Chapter 7 : Building Custom Modules for Tasks
- Chapter 8 : Using Ansible with Other Tools
- Title: Hands-On Infrastructure Automation with Ansible
- Release date: April 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788991599
You might also like
Amazon Web Services AWS LiveLessons 2nd Edition
More Than 17 Hours of Video Instruction More than 17 hours of video instruction on Amazon …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Complete Video Course
7 Hours of Video Instruction Seven hours of video instruction covering the fundamentals of cloud computing; …
Automating with Ansible
Sneak Peek The Sneak Peek program provides early access to Pearson video products and is exclusively …