Build secure and reliable Microservices using Spring Boot 2.0, Spring MVC and Docker
About This Video
- A hands-on guide to learn the tools and techniques needed to create reliable Microservices.
- Learn Microservices architecture and deploy RESTful interfaces with Spring MVC
- Apply Domain-Driven Design principles and build complex microservice sin the Spring ecosystem
This course takes a hands-on, practical approach to implementing microservices for your app development with the Spring ecosystem. We delve into the two main components of the Spring ecosystem for microservice development—Spring Boot and Spring Cloud—in detail.
You’ll see how to build microservices with Spring Boot 2.0 Then we’ll take you through a suite of tools that Spring Cloud offers for the discovery, routing, and deployment of microservices to the enterprise and the cloud. The course provides practical guidance for most of the common operational and infrastructural concerns and will show you how microservices address them.
We cover topics right from breaking your monolith to communication between services and deployment. This course will make microservices easily accessible to you so you can implement it instantly in your day-to-day projects.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on Github at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-On-Microservices-with-Spring-Boot-2.0
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Introduction to Microservices and Spring
- The Course Overview 00:02:40
- Spring Fundamentals and Features 00:04:52
- REST Services, Microservices, and Monoliths 00:04:10
- Creating Domain Classes for a Flight Booking Service 00:04:02
- Spring Configuration and Dependency Injection 00:05:24
- Chapter 2 : Building RESTful Interfaces with Spring Boot
- Chapter 3 : Designing Microservices
Chapter 4 : Testing and Security
- Testing Services with Spring MVC Tests 00:06:41
- Mocking Out External Services 00:04:31
- Securing HTTP with UserDetailsService for Authentication 00:04:32
- CORS, CSRF Attacks, and SSL 00:05:25
Chapter 5 : Running Your Services
- Getting Ready for Production with Spring Boot Actuator 00:05:22
- Caching Responses 00:04:46
- Exception Handling and Logging 00:03:41
- Packaging Your Application with Docker 00:04:35
- Monitoring Systems 00:05:37
- Title: Hands-On Microservices with Spring Boot 2.0
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788991551