The following key points are important for a better understanding of Azure DNS zones and records:
- Since the DNS zone location is global, you will not be asked during the DNS creation to specify the location of it.
- The DNS record propagation is very fast. Once it is created, it is propagated to Microsoft name servers.
- If you did not buy the domain name you have specified for the DNS zone, it will only be able to resolve the DNS queries directed to Azure DNS name servers.
- As of now, you cannot buy a domain name from Azure. However, you can get one from a third-party domain name registrar:
- You can create 100 DNS zones per subscription
- You can create 5000 record sets per zone
- You can create 20 records per record ...