Azure VMs are available in different series, with each series demanding different specifications in order to fulfil the scenarios you want to deploy:
- A-series: This series is most commonly used in development and test scenarios
- D-series: This series has a fast CPU and solid-state drive (SSD) disks, and is most commonly used for general-purpose computing, such as relational databases, and every application that requires high IOPs
- F-series: This series targets applications that require intensive compute power, such as web servers
- G-series: This series targets applications that require high memory and fast storage, such as ERP, and SAP solutions
- H-series: This series has very high compute capabilities, and might fit in scenarios ...