So far, you have configured the load balancer frontend part, but in this topic, you will learn how to configure the backend part, across which the traffic will be distributed:
- Navigate to the load balancer; under SETTINGS, click on Backend pools, as shown in the following screenshot:
Figure 6.12: Backend pools
- Click on Add, and a new blade will be opened, asking you to specify the following:
- Name: The name of the backend pool.
- IP version: Whether it is IPv4 or IPv6.
- Associated to: You can associate the load balancer with multiple VMs in an availability set, or a standalone VM, or a virtual machine ...