By now, you should be aware that probes are used to monitor the health of the backend pool. You can create and customize probes according to your needs. To do so, you need to follow these steps:
- Navigate to the application gateway.
- Under SETTINGS, click on Health probes, and a new blade will be opened:
Figure 8.24: Health probes
- To create health probes, click on Add, and a new blade will be opened wherein you have to specify the following:
- Name: A descriptive name for the health probe
- Protocol: Select the protocol you use, whether it is HTTP or HTTPS
- Host: Specify the host that you want to monitor
- Path: Specify ...