pfSense is an open-source security suite based on OpenBSD, the world's most secure operating system. It is used by top-notch network security professionals to provide highly versatile network control complete with advanced traffic routes, firewalls, and monitoring tools.
This course will teach you how to install and configure core pfSense services such as firewalls, routing, and network segregation. You will also learn how to successfully secure, monitor, and maintain your networks with pfSense. Advanced topics include custom firewall rules, automated blocking, virtual private networks, and more!
We will create a virtual network with two secure LANs, a DMZ and a public Internet connection with robust security features. By the end of this course, you will be confident using pfSense to secure physical and virtual networks using the industry's most exciting network perimeter defense system.
What You Will Learn
- Learn to install, configure, and monitor pfSense network security solutions
- Understand and navigate the pfsense GUI, firewall, and other essential features
- Configure network interface controllers to segregate and share multiple LANs
- Understand the basics of diagnostics and troubleshooting networks
- Remotely connect to internal resources using VPNs and SSH tunnels
- Scan network traffic to provide custom unified threat management (UTM)
This course is intended for aspiring network security professionals who want to quickly get started with advanced firewalls and network monitoring using pfSense. No prior knowledge of pfSense or OpenBSD is required, although an understanding TCP/IP and standard network topologies is.
About The Author
A native of the United States, Jason is a well-spoken outdoors enthusiast who can turn difficult technical topics into easy-to-understand analogies in a fun and entertaining way. Jason also belongs to MENSA and enjoys using his unique gifts to provide solutions, insight, and education to aspiring intellects.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Intro - Understanding the pfSense Features, GUI and Vocabulary
- Chapter 2 : The Basics - Global Configuration and Basic Networking
- Chapter 3 : Managing Multiple Networks
- Chapter 4 : Firewalls and Network Address Translation
- Chapter 5 : Maintenance Essentials
- Chapter 6 : Secure Remote Access
- Chapter 7 : Elite Topics
- Title: Hands-On pfSense 2.x for Firewalls and Routers
- Release date: February 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789805017
You might also like
CCNP and CCIE Security Core SCOR 350-701
12+ Hours of Video Instruction More than 12 hours of video instruction and remediation organized to …
CCNP Security Cisco Identify Services Engine SISE 300-715
8+ Hours of Video Instruction CCNP Security Management (SISE) 300-715 Complete Video Course focuses on implementing …
Building Linux Servers: DHCP, DNS, and Directory Services
13+ Hours of Video Instruction Overview Building Linux Servers: DHCP, DNS, and Directory Services LiveLessons provides …
CCNP and CCIE Enterprise Core ENCOR 350-401 Official Cert Guide
Trust the best-selling Official Cert Guide series from Cisco Press to help you learn, prepare, and …