Elite network security with open source software!
About This Video
- Install and navigate pfSense and become familiar with the key concepts and vocabulary essential to network security
- Selectively control access to sensitive services with Network Address Translation (NAT) and advanced firewall rules
- Manage multiple independent internal networks using custom routes and provide secure remote access to internal resources with Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Maintain continuous security compliance with advanced logging, monitoring, and notifications (LMN)
pfSense is an open-source security suite based on OpenBSD, the world's most secure operating system. It is used by top-notch network security professionals to provide highly versatile network control complete with advanced traffic routes, firewalls, and monitoring tools.
This course will teach you how to install and configure core pfSense services such as firewalls, routing, and network segregation. You will also learn how to successfully secure, monitor, and maintain your networks with pfSense. Advanced topics include custom firewall rules, automated blocking, virtual private networks, and more!
We will create a virtual network with two secure LANs, a DMZ and a public Internet connection with robust security features. By the end of this course, you will be confident using pfSense to secure physical and virtual networks using the industry's most exciting network perimeter defense system.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Intro - Understanding the pfSense Features, GUI and Vocabulary
- Chapter 2 : The Basics - Global Configuration and Basic Networking
- Chapter 3 : Managing Multiple Networks
- Chapter 4 : Firewalls and Network Address Translation
- Chapter 5 : Maintenance Essentials
- Chapter 6 : Secure Remote Access
- Chapter 7 : Elite Topics
- Title: Hands-On pfSense 2.x for Firewalls and Routers
- Release date: February 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789805017
You might also like
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Python for Data Analysis, 2nd Edition
Get complete instructions for manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching datasets in Python. Updated for Python 3.6, …
Kafka: The Definitive Guide, 2nd Edition
Every enterprise application creates data, whether it consists of log messages, metrics, user activity, outgoing messages, …
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. There are plenty of tutorials …