Chapter 9: Continuous-Variable Quantum Information Processing
Quantum systems can have either a discrete-variable or continuous-variable spectrum.
In this chapter, we begin by introducing the continuous-variable quantum information processing (QIP) field. Furthermore, we will also cover the key concepts and ideas in continuous-variable QIP.
We will cover the following topics in this chapter:
- Introducing continuous-variable quantum information processing
- Understanding the theory of continuous-variable quantum systems
- Exploring continuous-variable quantum teleportation
- Continuous-variable quantum key distribution
- Understanding continuous-variable quantum machine learning
At the end of this chapter, you should be able to do the following: