Save time and resources by building applications with Golang and deploying them to AWS Lambda
About This Video
- Gain broad insights into the various features of Amazon Web Services
- Understand the benefits of Serverless Computing for working at any scale
- Connect the Go programming language to these services to create applications
Our course will help you make your application serverless with Amazon Web Services (AWS). Save time, effort, and cost by removing the need to manage your own servers while still writing your code in Go. You will first be introduced to AWS, then to writing Lambda functions in Go and using them to access the various AWS services.
We will first get the Go function working on AWS by using the API-Gateway to call it. Using the AWS Command Line interface, we will build our functions on your local computer and save you having to and manage your Go code. Then we will use the AWS SDK to enable your Lambda Go functions to call into other AWS services such as the S3 Bucket. We will then connect the domain to AWS and add HTTPS/TLS security for your users.
Once we have the foundations in place, we will build a secure chat application named Logchat by maintaining sessions, where users must log in before speaking on the chat, introducing the services we need as we go.
With a hands-on approach, you will master security considerations in the AWs Suite, and how to maintain your serverless applications.
The code bundle for this video course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-on-Serverless-computing-with-Go.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to Amazon Web Services and Lambda
- Chapter 2 : Creating and Calling a Go Function
- Chapter 3 : AWS Command Line Interface and Apex Tools
- Chapter 4 : Maintaining Real Data by Accessing AWS Services
- Chapter 5 : Using Your Own Domain and Enabling Secure Connections
- Chapter 6 : Completing the Secure Chat Application
- Chapter 7 : Keep Your Serverless App Running, While Monitoring and Testing It
- Title: Hands-on Serverless Computing with Go
- Release date: June 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789132830