There are various AWS services that can act as a trigger for AWS Lambda, they are:
- DynamoDB: This enables us to start the Lambda function on each new entry to the database
- Amazon S3: This helps the Lambda function start files in the bucket
- CloudWatch: This enables us to run Lambda functions according to the shadow (for example, each minute, each day, or only at noon each Thursday)
- Lex: This starts by looking at what the usual data science process looks like
- Kinesis, SQS, and SNS: These enable us to start the Lambda function on each object in the event stream
There are a lot of different triggers, which means you can bind Lambda with a lot of different services.