Drive decision making by creating high-impact data visualizations. Perform visual analysis on your data using Tableau
About This Video
- Explore Tableau features to help you get started with visual analytics right away
- Go beyond basic dashboard creation by using calculations, parameters, maps, actions, and sets.
- Make use of tips, tricks, and timesavers to help you deliver useful, thoughtful, and beautiful visualizations from your data.
Tableau has brought the world of visual analytics within the reach of many nonplussed by Excel charts and graphs. But there is a surprising learning curve that gets in the way of using Tableau to its full potential; this course will show you how visual and cognitive science makes data visualization so satisfying. This course will give you the tools to use Tableau to its fullest and build great visualizations.
In this course, you will begin by understanding a data-visualization business case with Tableau. Next you will learn about complex ways to connect your data. Moving ahead, you will explore how to express your data—ranging from standard bar charts to more cutting-edge visuals—and make data interactive using sets, filters, groups, and hierarchies. Next you will understand how advanced calculation techniques help improve visual analysis. You will also learn about Tableau's powerful tools (such as spatial analysis) to create maps that are embedded with your data. Lastly you will learn how to put all of your work together into dashboards.
By the end of this course you will have gained a lot of confidence, which you can use to build useful, thoughtful, and beautiful visualizations using your complex business data.
The code bundle for this video course is available at - https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-On-Visual-Analysis-with-Tableau-10.x
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Tableau
- Chapter 2 : Connect Your Data in Tableau
- Chapter 3 : Tableau Prep
Chapter 4 : Building Your First Visualizations
- Using the “Show Me” Function to Create Horizontal, Stacked, and Side-by-Side Bar Charts 00:06:26
- Using the “Show Me” Function to Create Line and Area Charts 00:03:35
- Using the “Show Me” Function to Create Scatter Plots 00:05:06
- Using the “Show Me” Function to Create Tree Maps and Packed Bubbles 00:04:19
- Working with the Analytics Tab 00:06:35
- Chapter 5 : Enhancing Your Data with Filters and Groups
- Chapter 6 : Creating Artful Analytics with Calculations
- Chapter 7 : Using Spatial Data to Improve Insight
- Chapter 8 : Advanced Calculations and Parameters
- Chapter 9 : Dashboards for Stories
- Title: Hands-On Visual Analysis with Tableau 10.x
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789134056
You might also like
Visual Analytics with Tableau
A four-color journey through a complete Tableau visualization Tableau is a popular data visualization tool that’s …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Tableau 2019.1 for Data Scientists
Leverage the power of Tableau to generate useful insights from messy data and fix, prepare and …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …