Test web security with Kali Linux and perform professional-level web penetration testing
About This Video
- Use Kali Linux for web penetration tests and expose vulnerabilities on web applications
- Perform web penetration testing to exploit vulnerable systems
- Understand the process of penetration testing and the importance of security as part of web application development
Kali Linux contains a large number of penetration testing tools from various different niches in the security and forensics fields. Kali Linux offers a multitude of options to scan a single IP, port, or host (or a range of IPs, ports, and hosts) and discover vulnerabilities and security holes. The output and the information this provides can serve as a precursor to penetration testing efforts.
Have you ever wondered how to test web applications security? This course will teach you about web application vulnerabilities and how to use Kali Linux tools to perform web penetration testing to professional standards. You will start with application security and learn about the process of web penetration testing. Then you'll create a test lab with Oracle VirtualBox and Kali Linux. Next, you'll learn about common vulnerabilities in web applications with practical examples, which will help you understand the process of penetration testing and the importance of security. Now you'll be introduced to different tools to assess and analyze web application vulnerabilities. In the end, you'll learn to secure web applications.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to perform web penetration testing using Kali Linux.
The code bundle for this course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-on-Web-Penetration-Testing-with-Kali-Linux.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 : Application Security
- The Course Overview 00:02:44
- Web Application and Security 00:03:31
- OWASP Top 10 00:03:58
- Vulnerability Assessment versus Penetration Testing 00:04:18
- Ethical Hacker Responsibilities and Customer Expectations 00:03:52
- Chapter 2 : Creating a Test Lab with Kali Linux
- Chapter 3 : Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Chapter 4 : Vulnerability Testing and Penetration
- Chapter 5 : Securing Web Applications
- Title: Hands-On Web Penetration Testing with Kali Linux
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789132311
You might also like
Cybersecurity Attacks (Red Team Activity)
Learn about the different kinds of cyber attacks and how they can be executed About This …
Learn Website Hacking / Penetration Testing From Scratch
Learn website hacking and penetration testing from scratch About This Video Learn how to gather information …
The Complete Ethical Hacking Course
Protect yourself from hackers and cyber attacks. Master penetration testing + build security and coding tools …
Metasploit Unleashed: Build defense against complex attacks
Add superior end-to-end security to your network using Metasploit About This Video Gain the skills to …