Take advantage of the performance and speed of C++ directly in web browsers
About This Video
- This practical guide will take you beyond the simple Hello World stage and you'll soon get up and running with WebAssembly by solving a real-world problem
- Start off with the basics and rapidly move on to more advanced topics
- Includes hands-on, practical examples to guide you through the interplay between C++ and WebAssembly and tips and tricks to optimize your application's performance
If you want get ahead of your competitors by working in a language you're comfortable with, one that is designed for speed? WebAssembly is your answer. Starting with first principles; you'll learn is why WebAssembly is so powerful and why C++ is a natural fit. The you'll look at compiling a program for WebAssembly using C++.
This course looking provides code examples, rather than slides so that you can really delve into the depths of WebAssembly. Allowing you to go beyond simple toy examples and learn about how real programs compile to WebAssembly.
You'll find out that not everything works out right the first time, and it's just as important to learn how to debug and profile your programs.
This course is suitable for C++ programmers who want to get their applications browser-ready with WebAssembly, but don't know where to start.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with WebAssembly
- Chapter 2 : Running Our First C++ Application in the Browser
- Chapter 3 : Getting Under the Hood of WebAssembly
- Chapter 4 : Using WebAssembly System Libraries
- Chapter 5 : Working with Computer Hardware in the Web
- Chapter 6 : Making Music in the Browser by Integrating Audio
- Chapter 7 : Debugging Techniques in WebAssembly
- Title: Hands-On WebAssembly for C++ Programmers
- Release date: April 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781839217753
You might also like
C++ Concurrency in Action, Second Edition, Video Edition
"This book should be on every C++ programmer’s desk. It’s clear, concise, and valuable." Rob Green, …
Design and architect real-world scalable C++ applications by exploring advanced techniques in low-level programming, object-oriented programming …
Getting Started with Kubernetes LiveLessons, 2nd Edition
6+ Hours of Video Instruction More than six and a half hours of video instruction, including …
Expanded Edition (August 2018) Updated with Design Patterns episodes from the Clean Code series from Clean …