Learn Go programming with concise examples to many common fundamental problems.
About This Video
- Get comfortable with Go with short, independent, and concise videos.
- Overcome the most common challenges with the practical knowledge catered by the each and every tutorial.
- Never forget by watching pill-size videos whenever you are in a hurry.
Go has moved from the state of tentative to mass adoption. Its C-like speed, simplicity, and power for a growing number of systems level programming domains make it an attractive option for programmers working with older cumbersome, statically typed languages.
This course will help you learn Go programming language by solving commonly faced problems by developers in a Recipe approach. You will start by installing Go binaries and get familiar with tools to develop application. Then you will manipulate with strings and then use them in built in constructions and built-in function constructs to create a complex value from two floating-point values. Then you will learn to perform arithmetic operation date and time along with parsing them from string values.
Whether you are an expert programmer or a fresh starter, you will learn how various answers are programmed in Go language, which will take you to the next level in your mastering at Go. These recipes will be from concurrency in Go, performing various web programming tasks, doing system programming, reading and writing files, and many fundamental Go programming skills such as proper error handling, doing logging, and so on.
The code bundle for this video course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-on-with-go
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Go
- Chapter 2 : Manipulating String Values
- Chapter 3 : Type Conversions
- Chapter 4 : Date and Time
Chapter 5 : Maps and Arrays
- Extracting Unique Elements from a List 00:02:46
- Finding an Element from an Array 00:03:00
- Reverting an Array 00:01:30
- Iterating over an Array 00:01:50
- Converting a Map into an Array of Keys and Values 00:02:02
- Merging Arrays 00:01:39
- Merging Maps 00:02:03
- Testing for the Presence of a Key in a Map 00:02:50
- Chapter 6 : Errors and Logging
Chapter 7 : Files and Directories
- Checking the Existence of a File 00:02:11
- Reading the Entire Content of a Text File 00:01:14
- Writing to a File 00:01:52
- Creating Temporary Files 00:02:04
- Counting Lines in a File 00:01:25
- Reading a Particular Line in a File 00:01:44
- Comparing the Contents of Two Files 00:01:35
- Deleting a File 00:01:11
- Copying or Moving a File 00:02:17
- Renaming Files 00:00:39
- Deleting a Directory and Its Contents 00:01:14
- List All the Files under a Directory 00:01:07
- Chapter 8 : Concurrency
- Chapter 9 : System Programming
- Chapter 10 : Web Programming
- Chapter 11 : Relational Databases
- Title: Hands-on with Go
- Release date: May 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789132519