The one primer you need to develop your entrepreneurial skills.
Whether you're imagining your new business to be the next big thing in Silicon Valley, a pivotal B2B provider, or an anchor in your local community, the HBR Entrepreneur's Handbook is your essential resource for getting your company off the ground.
Starting an independent new business is rife with both opportunity and risk. And as an entrepreneur, you're the one in charge: your actions can make or break your business. You need to know the tried-and-true fundamentals--from writing a business plan to getting your first loan. You also need to know the latest thinking on how to create an irresistible pitch deck, mitigate risk through experimentation, and develop unique opportunities through business model innovation.
The HBR Entrepreneur's Handbook addresses these challenges and more with practical advice and wisdom from Harvard Business Review's archive. Keep this comprehensive guide with you throughout your startup's life--and increase your business's odds for success.
In the HBR Entrepreneur's Handbook you'll find:
- Step-by-step guidance through the entrepreneurial process
- Concise explanations of the latest research and thinking on entrepreneurship from Harvard Business Review contributors such as Marc Andreessen and Reid Hoffman
- Time-honed best practices
- Stories of real companies, from Airbnb to eBay
- Which skills and characteristics make for the best entrepreneurs
- How to gauge potential opportunities
- The basics of business models and competitive strategy
- How to test your assumptions--before you build a whole business
- How to select the right legal structure for your company
- How to navigate funding options, from venture capital and angel investors to accelerators and crowdfunding
- How to develop sales and marketing programs for your venture
- What entrepreneurial leaders must do to build culture and set direction as the business keeps growing
HBR Handbooks provide ambitious professionals with the frameworks, advice, and tools they need to excel in their careers. With step-by-step guidance, time-honed best practices, real-life stories, and concise explanations of research published in Harvard Business Review, each comprehensive volume helps you to stand out from the pack--whatever your role.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- HBR Press Quantity Sales Discounts
- Part One: Preparing for the Journey
- Part Two: Defining Your Enterprise
- Part Three: Financing Your Business
- Part Four: Scaling Up
- Part Five: Looking to the Future
- Appendix A: Understanding Financial Statements
- Appendix B: Breakeven Analysis
- Appendix C: Valuation: What Is Your Business Really Worth?
- Appendix D: Selling Restricted and Control Securities: SEC Rule 144
- Further Reading
- Title: Harvard Business Review Entrepreneur's Handbook
- Release date: January 2018
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781633693692
You might also like
Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
The authors of the international bestseller Business Model Generation explain how to create value propositions customers …
Practical Statistics for Data Scientists, 2nd Edition
Statistical methods are a key part of data science, yet few data scientists have formal statistical …
The Manager's Path
Managing people is difficult wherever you work. But in the tech industry, where management is also …
Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers
Business Model Generation is a handbook for visionaries, game changers, and challengers striving to defy outmoded …