Working from Home When You Have Kids
by Daisy Dowling
- Keep a routine, but stay flexible in the ways that matter to you
- Broadcast the business benefits of you working from home
- Maintain your professionalism
- Explain the benefits and limits to your kids
- Recognize that working remotely is a skill that’s built over time
You’re working remotely. Maybe it’s due to the structure of your new job or organization; maybe it’s part of that new corporate work/life initiative; or maybe it’s the result of months of lobbying the higher-ups. Or maybe, like so many parents, you’ve been thrust unexpectedly—unwillingly, even—into a work-from-home arrangement because of a broader crisis. Remote work is supposed to be all upside: no commute, no office ...