Regulatory and Standards Environment
This chapter covers Domain 4, “Regulatory and Standards Environment,” of the HCISPP certification. After you read and study this chapter, you should be able to:
• Recognize primary regulatory guidance in healthcare information protection
• Apply regulatory governance to healthcare information technology and practices
• Appreciate the types of sensitive personal information used in healthcare organizations
• Identify and compare US and international information protection laws and regulations
• Understand important information privacy and security compliance frameworks
The importance of understanding and applying the proper privacy and security controls on healthcare information is foundational ...