Before you provision a new HDInsight cluster, it is required that you create a storage account in Azure. To create a new storage account, first login to the Microsoft Azure management portal and then follow the given steps, as shown in the following screenshot:
- Click on STORAGE on the left-hand side menu.
- Click on CREATE STORAGE ACCOUNT.
- Select your preferences, which are as follows:
- URL must be a unique name
- Location should be ideally geographically closer to your data center to reduce network latency
- Replication mode, where you can select from one of the following four options:
- Locally Redundant Storage (LRS) where data is replicated in three different nodes within the same region.
- Geo-Redundant Storage (GRS), which is similar to LRS, ...