UNDERSTANDING HEALTH CARE
• To obtain an overview of health care as a concern in the U.S. and worldwide
• To appreciate the challenges experienced by health care consumers and providers
• To identify objectives and goals for heath care
• To highlight the importance of public trust and professional ethics
• To frame health care issues within three perspectives: a systems approach, critical thinking, and the public interest
HEALTH CARE AS A NATIONAL CONCERN
Health and health care are subjects in which everyone has an interest. When young mothers get together, talk soon turns to the health of their children. In search of health, men and women of all ages work out at the gym. Among elders, conversation inevitably involves ...