Clinical Information Systems
- To be able to describe the purpose, adoption, use, key attributes, and functions of some of the major types of clinical information systems used in health care:
- Electronic health record
- Computerized provider order entry
- Medication administration using bar-coding technology (e-mar)
- Telemedicine and Telehealth
- Personal health record and patient portals
- To be able to discuss the major barriers to EHR adoption and the strategies being employed to overcome them.
- To be able to give examples of how clinical information systems might affect patient care safety, quality, efficiency, and outcomes.
Clinical applications such as pharmacy, radiology, and laboratory information systems have ...