DATA AND STATISTICAL TOOLS FOR HEALTH CARE OPERATIONS IMPROVEMENT
- Understand graphical methods of data description, specifically histograms.
- Understand and calculate measures of central tendency and dispersion.
- Use Excel to construct histograms and calculate measures of central tendency and dispersion.
- Calculate and interpret expected values.
- Understand the concept of Pareto analysis.
- Be able to create and interpret box-and-whisker plots.
- Understand and create tornado diagrams.
DESCRIPTIVE STATISTICS FOR DESCRIBING DATA SETS
The acquisition, analysis, and description of data are fundamental tasks managers are challenged with every day. Many health care professionals find themselves inundated with data—at times ...