In this chapter, you will learn how to
• Describe the importance of communications in the healthcare IT initiatives
• Define the essential role of the customers
• Identify the components of the communication plan
• Understand the roles of federal agencies and federal regulations
• Discuss the role of social medial and mobile devices
In America’s twenty-first-century healthcare system, landmark federal reform legislation enacted since 2009 is today modernizing care-delivery organizations with new health information technologies (healthcare IT) that regularly begin with the adoption of electronic health records (EHRs). Most notable of these laws are the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) and its Health Information Technology ...