For any training program to be successful, the first consideration is the audience. In other words, to whom are you speaking? It is critical to know the answers to the following:
• What do you want to communicate?
• How will the messages best be conveyed?
• When will the training be seen as most relevant?
• Where will the training take place?
• Why should the individual participate in the learning?16
While it might seem obvious, it is critical to keep the message clear and concise and to keep all information simple.
When formulating a training plan, consider the needs assessment findings, the diversity of your audience, and any special needs of the individuals. For example, if the didactic portion of your training ...