The Electronic Health Record as Evidence
Kimberly A. Baldwin-Stried Reich
In this chapter, you will learn how to
• Discuss the sources and structure of law within the United States and federal agencies that provide oversight of the nation’s healthcare system, including the laws, rules, and regulations governing healthcare delivery
• Examine the importance of privacy and security of health information in regulatory investigations and the admissibility of electronic health records into a court of law
• Delineate the differences between federal, state, and local courts
• Describe the process of the discovery of the electronic health record and ensuring its admissibility as evidence into a court of law
• Explore the role that ...