Discover the plant-based way to a balanced, healthy, and delicious lifestyle, with more than 90 vegan recipes and variations guided by nutritional science
From a nutritious breakfast porridge that tastes like dessert to a delicious berry chutney sauce that will transform meals, these vegan recipes will have everyone asking for seconds!
Backed by science, this groundbreaking vegan cookbook is the perfect start to a nourishing plant-based diet. It includes:
- Over 90 vegan recipes and variations guided by nutritional science
- Pie charts and bar graphs to help you to better understand the science and the benefits of different foods.
- A modular ingredient system organized into five main food groups that make up a balanced plant-based diet: grains, greens, vegetables, proteins and toppings.
With recipe ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert, Healthy Vegan The Cookbook gives you all of the information you need to make satisfying meals without meat and dairy. It also shows you the nutritional value of different ingredients to help you create the perfect plant-based plate and provide your body with the essential nutrients it needs.
Authors Niko Rittenau (a dietician) and Sebastian Copien (a chef) merge cutting-edge science with everyday vegan ingredients from the supermarket! They have applied the latest scientific findings on vegan nutrition to cooking to create delicious plant-based recipes that can form part of a healthy vegan diet.
This beautifully illustrated vegan recipe book shows you how you can improve your health and well-being with the power of a plant-based diet! It's the perfect gift for the foodie in your life or anyone looking to experiment with vegan cooking for the first time.
Table of contents
- How to use this eBook
- The healthy vegan plate The components of a balanced vegan diet
- Product expertise Things to know about oils, vinegars, spices, and sweeteners
- Nutritional tips Niko’s 10 tips for a healthy vegan diet
- Practical tips and recipe building blocks Food science meets culinary art
- Leafy vegetables
- Desserts & sweet treats
- List of references
- About the authors
- Title: Healthy Vegan The Cookbook
- Release date: August 2021
- Publisher(s): DK Publishing
- ISBN: 9780744053081
You might also like
Python Workout presents 50 exercises that focus on key Python 3 features. In it, expert Python …
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. There are plenty of tutorials …
Python for Programmers, First Edition
The professional programmer's Deitel® guide to Python® with introductory artificial intelligence case studies Written for programmers …
High Performance Python, 2nd Edition
Your Python code may run correctly, but you need it to run faster. Updated for Python …