Ask the right questions. Hire the best people.
Most prospective hires come well prepared. So how do you get past the polished exteriors and rehearsed replies to discover what applicants are actually like?
High-Impact Interview Questions shows you how to dig deeper using competency-based behavioral interviewing methods to uncover truly relevant and useful information. By having candidates describe specific, job-related situations (rather than relying on traditional questions), you’ll gain a clearer picture of past behaviors — and more accurately predict future performance.
Packed with hundreds of questions matched to in-demand skills, this user-friendly guide simplifies the process of selecting the right person for each position. Offering advice on evaluating answers and assessing cultural fit, the second edition of High-Impact Interview Questions features dozens of all-new questions designed to gauge accountability, assertiveness, attention to detail, judgment, follow-through, risk-taking, social media usage, and more.
Hiring a dream employee takes more than a hunch. This book helps you ask the tough but necessary questions that reveal the real person behind the resume.
Table of contents
- Half title
- Chapter 1: Interviewing: The Way It Is (Warts and All)
- Chapter 2: Competency-Based Behavioral Interviewing (CBBI): The What, When, and Why
- Chapter 3: Interviewing Considerations
- Chapter 4: Hundreds of Interview Questions You Can Use
- Chapter 5: Follow-Up Questions
- Chapter 6: Guidelines for Initial Telephone Screening Interviews
- Chapter 7: Creating an Interview Guide
- Chapter 8: Smart Ways to Assemble the Data from Multiple Interviewers
- Chapter 9: Use the Competencies in Your Other Programs and Processes
- Chapter 10: CBBI Advice for Job Seekers
- Resources and References
- About the Author
- Sample Chapter from The Stay Interview
- About Amacom
- Title: High-Impact Interview Questions, 2nd Edition
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): AMACOM
- ISBN: 9780814438831
You might also like
Cracking the Tech Career: Insider Advice on Landing a Job at Google, Microsoft, Apple, or any Top Tech Company
Become the applicant Google can't turn down Cracking the Tech Career is the job seeker's guide …
Ace the Programming Interview: 160 Questions and Answers for Success
Be prepared to answer the most relevant interview questions and land the job Programmers are in …
Cracking the IT Architect Interview
The ultimate guide to successful interviews for Enterprise, Business, Domain, Solution, and Technical Architect roles as …
Programming Interviews Exposed, 4th Edition
Ace technical interviews with smart preparation Programming Interviews Exposed is the programmer’s ideal first choice for …