Absolutely no experience needed!
Make your home smarter, safer, and more fun—and save money, too!
Home automation is finally practical, useful, and easy! Now, you can control your home exactly the way you want to, without paying monthly fees. This book shows how to do it all yourself, with today’s simpler, more reliable, less expensive technologies.
Dennis C. Brewer first makes sure you’re comfortable with wiring basics and safety, and then guides you through installing, setting up, and using today’s best home automation software. Next, he walks you through several great DIY projects you can complete in just hours.
Before you know it, you’ll be controlling appliances, lighting, devices, home security, energy consumption, heating/cooling, and even your home entertainment center. Brewer covers phone interfaces, opportunities to expand, and even offerings from your phone and Internet service providers. When it comes to home automation, the future is here—and it works!
· Pick the right products and services, without overspending
· Control your home from anywhere, with Android, iPhone, iPad, or your computer
· Go green, save energy, all year long
· Make your home safer, more secure, and more comfortable
· Overcome personal mobility challenges
· Get more fun out of your TV and music system
Table of contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- Chapter 1. Home Wiring and Electrical Fundamentals
- Chapter 2. Using a Windows Computer as Your Home Automation Platform
- Chapter 3. Introduction to Control Protocols and Automation Process
- Chapter 4. Project 1, Installing HALbasic Software on Your PC
- Chapter 5. Project 2, Controlling Appliances, Lights, and Devices
- Chapter 6. Project 3, Controlling Lighting: Indoors and Outdoors
- Chapter 7 Project 4, Linking Video to Your Security System
- Chapter 8 Project 5, Upgrading the Home Automation Platform to HALultra
- Chapter 9. Project 6, Installing a Home Automation Voice Portal Modem in Your Computer
- Chapter 10. Project 7, Getting Green and Managing Your Home’s Climate
- Chapter 11. Project 8, Adding New Controllers and Interfaces: Z-Wave, INSTEON, and More
- Chapter 12. Project 9, Automating the Home Entertainment Center’s Music Management
- Chapter 13. Project 10, Connecting and Using the Home Automation Platform over the Internet
- Chapter 14. Controlling Your Home with iOS and Android
- Chapter 15. Evaluating Broadband and Telecom Home Automation Offerings
- Chapter 16. Adding Future Self-Designed Home Automation Projects
- Title: Home Automation Made Easy: Do It Yourself Know How Using UPB, INSTEON, X10, and Z-Wave
- Release date: November 2013
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780133408478
You might also like
CompTIA A+ Certification Study Guide, Tenth Edition (Exams 220-1001 & 220-1002), 10th Edition
A highly effective study system for the CompTIA A+ exams—fully updated for the 2019 versions of …
My Smart Home for Seniors
This full-color introduction to the smart home has been written from the ground up with one …
Home Automation with Raspberry Pi: Projects Using Google Home, Amazon Echo, and Other Intelligent Personal Assistants
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, …
The Homeowner's DIY Guide to Electrical Wiring
A practical, money-saving guide to home electrical wiring Handle residential wiring projects correctly, safely, and according …