You had one job: watering your new plant. But it's been a week and it's already dying.
Fear not! This helpful guide is here to show you how to rescue your plants. Follow the survival tips outlined in this book and you'll be on your way to having your home brimming with green life.
It's absolutely possible not to assassinate your houseplant - all you need is this book! From identifying exactly what's in the pot to helping it flourish and grow, this is your guide to creating an oasis of happy, flourishing houseplants.
With over 50 different types of popular houseplants, this book summarizes what type of care your plants do (or don't) need. Find out which types of plants will thrive in your living space. You'll also discover how to keep a cactus alive, where to hang air plants, and how to repot succulents. Understand how much light, water, heat, and humidity your plant needs. Whatever your horticulture woes, this book will explain and fix it.
Yellowed leaves, drooping leaves, and dried leaves - learn to spot the danger signs and how to take the proper action to rescue your sick plant. Packed with helpful tips, pictures, and information panels, How Not to Kill Your Houseplant will equip you with the skills necessary to raise a healthy plant.
Give Your Plants a Chance!
If you're horticulturally challenged and can't keep a house plant alive to save your life, then this book is for you! This practical guide to raising indoor plants equips you with the know-how you need to care for your plants.
Inside the pages of this comprehensive gardening book from, you'll discover:
- Tips on watering and feeding plants.
- Advice on how to choose the perfect house plants for your unique space and needs.
- Helpful survival tips and simple ways not to kill your plants.
- Everything you need to know about lighting for house plants, from natural to artificial lighting sources.
- Learn to spot the danger signs in unhealthy indoor plants and the effective techniques on how to rescue them.
Table of contents
- Contents 4
- Find your plant 4
- THE BASICS 12
- Buy it 14
- Pot it & place it 16
- Water it 18
- Feed it & love it 20
- Repot it 22
- Plant pests 24
- Plant diseases 28
- THE HOUSEPLANTS 30 (1/3)
- THE HOUSEPLANTS 30 (2/3)
- THE HOUSEPLANTS 30 (3/3)
- Your desk pp.46–47 (1/4)
- Your desk pp.46–47 (2/4)
- Your desk pp.46–47 (3/4)
- Your desk pp.46–47 (4/4)
- Sunny spots pp.66–67 (1/4)
- Sunny spots pp.66–67 (2/4)
- Sunny spots pp.66–67 (3/4)
- Sunny spots pp.66–67 (4/4)
- Your bathroom pp.86–87 (1/4)
- Your bathroom pp.86–87 (2/4)
- Your bathroom pp.86–87 (3/4)
- Your bathroom pp.86–87 (4/4)
- Low light pp.106–107 (1/4)
- Low light pp.106–107 (2/4)
- Low light pp.106–107 (3/4)
- Low light pp.106–107 (4/4)
- Your living room pp.126–127 (1/4)
- Your living room pp.126–127 (2/4)
- Your living room pp.126–127 (3/4)
- Your living room pp.126–127 (4/4)
- Index 142
- Author & acknowledgments 144
- Toxicity 144
- Title: How Not to Kill Your Houseplant
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): DK Publishing
- ISBN: 9781465469809
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Practices of the Python Pro
Practices of the Python Pro teaches you to design and write professional-quality software that’s understandable, maintainable, …
The Linux Command Line, 2nd Edition
The Linux Command Line takes you from your very first terminal keystrokes to writing full programs …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …