The basic skills for becoming a successful trader from a master of the game
Written by Fausto Pugliese (founder and CEO of Cyber Trading University) this must-have resource offers a hands-on guide to learning the ins and outs of active trading. How to Beat the Market Makers at Their Own Game gives professionals, as well as those relatively new to investing, a behind-the-scenes look at the inner workings of the marketplace and a comprehensive overview of basic trading techniques. The book explains how to apply the trading strategies of acclaimed trader Fausto Pugliese. Step by step the author covers the most common market maker setups, shows how to identify market maker traps, and most importantly, reveals how to follow the direction of the lead market maker in an individual stock.
Throughout the book, Pugliese puts the spotlight on Level II quotes to help investors understand how market makers drive prices and manipulate the market. This handy resource is filled with the tools needed to interpret market maker activity so traders can truly understand the market and trade accordingly.
Offers an accessible guide for developing the investing skills to trade with confidence
Filled with the real-world trading experiences and techniques of Fausto Pugliese
Covers simple technical patterns that are important in day trading
Includes a website with exercises to help master the book's techniques
How to Beat the Market Makers at their Own Game will become your well-thumbed resource for learning what it takes to succeed in short-term stock trading.
Table of contents
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: The Direct Connection
- Chapter 2: The Stock Markets
- Chapter 3: Going to the Next Level
- Chapter 4: It's a Matter of Execution
- Chapter 5: Picking Tradable Stocks, Part I
Chapter 6: Picking Tradable Stocks, Part II
- Example 1: Symantec Corporation
- Example 2: Extreme Networks, Inc.
- Example 3: Research in Motion Ltd.
- Example 4: BroadSoft Inc.
- Example 5: Entropic Co.
- Example 6: RF Micro Devices, Inc.
- Example 7: QUALCOMM, Inc.
- Example 8: Applied Materials, Inc.
- Example 9: CMGI Inc.
- Example 10: Huntington Bancshares, Inc.
- Chapter 7: Time and Sales
- Chapter 8: Ignorance Is Bliss
- Chapter 9: Finding the Ax
- Chapter 10: Charting a Course
- Chapter 11: Watching the Trends
- Chapter 12: Making a Game Plan
- Chapter 13: Your Trading Day
- Chapter 14: Trading Rules of the Road
Chapter 15: How to Be a Successful Trader
- Have a Philosophy for Successful Trading
- Be a Patient and Disciplined Trader
- Know How the Market Works and the Broker's Role
- Understand the Rules of Day Trading
- Create a Day Trading Game Plan
- Chart a Course for Day Trading
- Look for Support and Resistance Levels
- Practice, Practice, Practice
- Know the Trading Rules of the Road
- When It Stops Being Fun, QUIT!
- Chapter 16: The Best Trading Tools
- End User License Agreement
- Title: How to Beat the Market Makers at Their Own Game: Uncovering the Mysteries of Day Trading
- Release date: August 2014
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118654538
You might also like
Day Trading Stocks the Wall Street Way: A Proprietary Method For Intra-Day and Swing Trading
Avoid bogus trading systems, learn from a real day trader, and make consistent profits day trading …
Trading Systems and Methods, + Website, 5th Edition
The ultimate guide to trading systems, fully revised and updated For nearly thirty years, professional and …
A Guide to Creating A Successful Algorithmic Trading Strategy
Turn insight into profit with guru guidance toward successful algorithmic trading A Guide to Creating a …
Building Algorithmic Trading Systems: A Trader's Journey From Data Mining to Monte Carlo Simulation to Live Trading, + Website
Develop your own trading system with practical guidance and expert advice In Building Algorithmic Trading Systems: …