Software development is the process of conceiving, specifying, designing, programming, documenting, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications, frameworks, or other software components.
This course is split into 6 modules to help you become a professional developer of enterprise web applications. In the first module, we will start by talking about the IT industry in general. In the second module, we will talk about our daily work: how we work in teams and how important teamwork is. In the third module, we will set up a complete local development environment and demonstrate a sample enterprise-class web application—all to give you an impression of what it looks like.
We will finish this course with some practical tips about job interviews, sample tasks that you might expect on your first day at a new job, and a couple of learning tips.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the basics of the most relevant languages such as Java and Spring
- Learn the basics of software development
- Learn advanced techniques and practices: Clean Code, SOLID principles
- Learn about extreme programming and more
- A holistic view of the IT industry and enterprise software development
This course is ideal for software developers, project managers, software leadership, or anyone that would have an interest in learning the basics of software development.
About The Author
Bartosz Kaminski: Bartosz Kaminski is a passionate senior software developer with 15 years of professional experience. He is a developer, an analyst, a designer, an architect, and a team leader. Bartosz has worked with teams from all over the world for companies located in Poland, Norway, Denmark, Switzerland, and USA. His passions revolve around Clean Code, systems design and architecture, and most of all, solving problems.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : (Module 1) IT Industry
- Chapter 3 : (Module 2) Daily Work
- Chapter 4 : (Module 3) the Project
Chapter 5 : (Module 4) Basics of Software Development
- Text-Based Data Formats
- Java Programming Part 1 - JVM, JDK, and JRE, Memory, Maven
- Java Programming Part 2 - Programming Tasks
- Java Programming Part 3 - Unit Testing, Debugging, Tips on Learning Programming
- Spring Framework
- Front-End Development
- Version Control System: Git
- Networks and Infrastructure
- Chapter 6 : (Module 5) Advanced Software Development
- Chapter 7 : (Module 6) Practicalities
- Title: How to Become a Software Developer from Scratch
- Release date: July 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781801812566
You might also like
Software Engineering for Absolute Beginners: Your Guide to Creating Software Products
Start programming from scratch, no experience required. This beginners’ guide to software engineering starts with a …
Careers in Programming: How to Get a Great Coding Job (2019)
A great job is key to living a happy life; however, the problem is, you know …
Software Development Superstream: Becoming a Senior Software Engineer
As software development grows more complicated and becomes increasingly central to a business’s identity, the demand …
Learn How to Program with Java
7+ Hours of Video Instruction Overview Learn How to Program with Java LiveLessons takes the learner …