Everybody wants to change something, whether it is work, life, yourself or someone else. Based on evidence-based psychological principles, including those drawn from CBT, this book demonstrates how you can bring about positive change in your life.
Bursting with powerful tips, tricks, advice and guidance taken from interviews with some of the most positive and productive people in the world, from Mohammed Ali and Richard Branson to Alex Ferguson and Tiger Woods.
Table of Contents
- Title page
- About the author
- Publisher’s acknowledgements
- 1 Create the right first impression: approaching change in a way that makes the journey smoother
- 2 Decide how you want to be perceived: using what you say and do to win over others
- 3 Recognise the power of emotions: avoiding the emotional triggers that may jeopardise change
- 4 Address the four big needs: controlling your feelings to influence change
- 5 Understand your reaction to change: interpreting the facts of a situation to determine the outcome
- 6 Anticipate how those around you will react to change: learning to be flexible to get the support you need
- 7 Examine your beliefs: using your beliefs to promote change
- 8 Avoid belief traps: spotting the most common mistakes that hinder change
- 9 Be aware of where you’re sitting: understanding what influences you to find the key to change
- 10 Take action: over to you...
- Personal postscript
- Bringing Damian Hughes to your organisation
- Marketing advertisements
- Title: How to Change Absolutely Anything
- Release date: December 2012
- Publisher(s): Pearson Life
- ISBN: 9780273770916