Silver Winner--Tops Sales World's Best Sales and Marketing Book
Revealed: the winning blueprint for making deals like The Oracle of Omaha
Warren Buffett didn't become the world's third wealthiest individual on his investing instincts alone. Buffett is a master dealmaker. In fact, one of his greatest single successes came when he closed multiple deals to own 100 percent of the Government Employees Insurance Company--also known as GEICO.
Highly successful dealmakers themselves, Tom Searcy and Henry DeVries have been studying Buffett's unique approach for many years. Now, they reveal the secrets of the Oracle of Omaha. How to Close a Deal Like Warren Buffett gives you the 101 top deal-making maxims of a legend in his own time. Here's just a small sampling of what's inside:
Warren Way #22: Choose quality.
"It's better to own a portion of the Hope diamond than 100 percent of a rhinestone."
Warren Way #41: Deal making is a no-called-strike game.
"You don't have to swing at everything--you can wait for your pitch."
Warren Way #75. Think long term.
"Our favorite holding period is forever."
Warren Way #92. Don't do deals just to do deals.
"We don't get paid for activity, just for being right."
Warren Way #98. Think for yourself.
"My idea of a group decision is to look in the mirror."
Warren Way #99. Be honest in your deal making.
"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it."
Searcy and DeVries round it all out with an abundance of their own expertise--approaches that, added up, have generated billions of dollars in new sales.
Take the advice in this hands-on guide and learn How to Close a Deal Like Warren Buffett.
How to Close a Deal Like Warren Buffett reveals the method behind Buffett's near-mythic deal-making prowess. Guaranteed to help you come out on the right side of every deal!
"Tom Searcy and Henry DeVries have done a masterful job of distilling Buffett's wisdom into a highly readable book you’ll want to refer to again and again. A must-have for dealmakers!" -- Ken Blanchard, coauthor of The One Minute Manager and Leading at a Higher Level
"Almost anybody interested in deal making will find something of interest here. Simply the most important new book on deal making and big account sales strategy." -- Marshall Goldsmith, author of the New York Times bestsellers MOJO and What Got You Here Won't Get You There
"Read this inspiring, advice-filled book to discover how you can leverage Warren Buffett's deal-making strategies to negotiate and win big contracts." -- Jill Konrath, author of SNAP Selling and Selling to Big Companies
"This book is Dale Carnegie reconfigured for the business world." -- Thomas Barnett, contributing editor at Esquire and author of Great Powers: America and the World After Bush
"This is the first book we've read that truly explains how Buffett thinks and how his lessons can be applied to your business." -- Neil Senturia and Barbara Bry, serial entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship columnists for U-T San Diego
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- How to Close a Deal Like Warren Buffett
- Copyright Page
- [Lesson 1] The Quest to Make Deals Like Warren
- [Lesson 2] Go Big
- [Lesson 3] Consider Many, Like Some, Love few
- [Lesson 4] Bad Deals at Good Prices Are Still Bad Deals
- [Lesson 5] Deal Only with Dealmakers
- [Lesson 6] The Language of Big Deals
- [Lesson 7] Clear the Deal Path
- [Lesson 8] Getting to Dealmakers
- [Lesson 9] When You are Going to Eat an elephant, Don’t nibble
- [Lesson 10] A Little Help Goes a Long Way
- [Lesson 11] Victory Favors the ready
- [Lesson 12] The Why Matters
- [Lesson 13] Expect The Unexpected
- [Lesson 14] Don’t fight, But When You Do . . .
- [Lesson 15] If You Want to Marry, Don’t tarry
- [Lesson 16] The final Hour
- [Lesson 17] The Last Step Is always Slippery
- [Lesson 18] After You Make Your first Warren Buffett Deal
- Appendix A: 101 Warren Ways
- Appendix B: Chronology of Buffett Deal Highlights
- Appendix C: The Making of a Dealmaker
- Appendix D: Further Reading
- Title: How to Close a Deal Like Warren Buffett: Lessons from the World's Greatest Dealmaker
- Release date: November 2012
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071801652