Often when we think of WordPress, we think of blogging—but WordPress can do so much more! In this short, easy to follow course, you’ll discover everything you need to know to get your WordPress site online, including how to effortlessly register a domain name and set up web hosting, install WordPress, and begin using it to publish your work on the web. You’ll quickly get comfortable in the WordPress environment, and see how straightforward it is to create and format content, including text, images, and video. Then, you’ll find out how to control and extend your WordPress website with themes, widgets, and plug-ins. Once you learn WordPress, the sky’s the limit! Ready to jump into it? Then let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- Welcome To WordPress!
Chapter 1: Setting Up Domain Names, Web Hosting, And Installing WordPress!
- Domain Name And Web Hosting Options 00:03:44
- Registering Your Website's Domain Name 00:03:09
- Setting Up Web Hosting With Web Hosting Hub 00:07:34
- Accessing Your Web Hosting Hub Account Management Panel 00:04:18
- Accessing Your Hosting Account's CPanel 00:04:35
- Setting Your Domain's DNS Info 00:03:39
- Accessing Your Site And CPanel Once Your Domain Name Resolves 00:02:00
- Installing WordPress On Your Host 00:04:56
- Logging Into Your Admin Console 00:01:20
- Touring The WordPress Dashboard 00:05:40
- Bonus Lesson: Connecting To Your Website Via FTP 00:06:01
- Chapter 2: Making Your Site All Your Own!
Chapter 3: Adding Content To Your WordPress Site!
- Publishing Your First Post 00:05:38
- Formatting Text In Your Posts 00:05:04
- Creating Bulleted And Numbered Lists 00:04:14
- Creating Additional Posts 00:06:35
- Post Publishing Options 00:04:15
- Inserting A 00:03:24
- Bonus Lesson: Organizing Your Posts Into Categories 00:07:34
- Inserting Graphics Into Posts 00:04:49
- Formatting Post Graphics 00:06:35
- Additional Graphic Options 00:08:37
- Getting Started Setting Hyperlinks 00:05:46
- Setting Internal And Email Links 00:04:38
- Embedding A YouTube Video 00:04:36
- Introducing WordPress Pages 00:06:45
- Chapter 4: Controlling And Expanding Your Site!
- Chapter 5: Bonus Lessons!
Chapter 6: Wrapping Up
- Where To Go From Here 00:03:55
- Title: How To Get Started with WordPress
- Release date: October 2013
- Publisher(s): Ten Ton Books
- ISBN: 00018WPGS