How to organise yourself and manage your time
As I said earlier, job hunting is a job:
- Allocate some ‘office space’. A PC/laptop with an internet connection and a good printer are essential. You don’t need the latest ‘all singing and dancing’ PC, you only need something fairly basic to surf the internet for jobs and for word-processing.
- Keep a diary or use the MS Outlook calendar and use it for both planning your time and for recording appointments.
- Ensure that you backup your files on a memory stick or other portable media.
- Work expands to fill the time available – set deadlines for each task.
- Set daily objectives – use a daily action planner or checklist.
- Prioritise the day’s tasks: A = must; B = should; C = could. Move to the Bs when the ...