Keep working at it
Building a network doesn’t happen in a day. Here are some great ideas for places and opportunities for building your network. They were kindly provided by Isobel Davies, an associate consultant and career coach with Macmillan International – and a member of my network!
20 ways to build your network
- Mentor someone
- Ask someone to mentor you
- Get involved in task forces or other exercises
- Send reports of your work to others who may be interested
- Talk to others about what they are doing in areas that may be of interest
- Look for development assignments or projects
- Plan regular reviews to talk about your performance and your development with your boss
- Prepare for your appraisal properly
- Keep a personal record of your projects and ...