How to complete application forms
Virtually all application forms are completed on-line nowadays, but whether it’s an on-line or a handwritten application, most of the principles are the same. First we’ll concentrate on on-line applications.
- Read the form through before writing anything.
- Save a copy of the blank form and use it to draft your answers.
- Many applications have a word-count limit for different sections to force the applicant to be concise. Use the word count facility to keep checking and be ruthless – it’s amazing what you can edit out of documents and still retain the meaning.
- Complete the form as requested. Stick to the font provided.
- If you need to expand any of the sections onto extra pages, type your name and the job applied ...