The sales management classic—updated for today’s competitive business environment
Advanced digital technologies, the breakdown of traditional business barriers, and increased customer empowerment have transformed the sales profession. The future now belongs to salespeople who deeply understand, embrace, and take advantage of these unprecedented changes to enhance their relationships with their customers.
What does this mean for you? You absolutely need these people on your team to succeed. And this fully updated edition of How to Hire and Develop Your Next Top Performer will show you how to find them, attract them, and retain them. It’s the key to maintaining the competitive edge now and in the future.
Written by the CEO and president of Caliper, one of the world’s leading management consultancies, How to Hire and Develop Your Next Top Performer, Second Edition, delivers the proven game plan their company has used to power growth for SAP, Avis Budget Group, and thousands of other clients.
Updated and revised for the age of the digitally connected customer and expanded to cover global and remote leadership topics, this one-of-a-kind guide gives you essential strategies to:
- Recruit and evaluate candidates via social media and other platforms
- Spot the qualities of top performers—and make sure the entire sales team has them
- Set realistic coaching goals
- Understand the psychology of “A” players, so you can give these stars what they need to succeed
When you know how to hire, onboard, coach, motivate, and lead a powerful sales team, nothing can stop you. How to Hire and Develop Your Next Top Performer is the essential playbook for long-term sales success.
Praise for How to Hire and Develop Your Next Top Performer:
“We wouldn’t hire a salesperson without Caliper’s advice. If you’re concerned about recruiting the right person and driving increased profitable sales, you’ve got to read this book!”
—Thomas M. Gart land, President, North America, Avis Budget Group, Inc.
“This book has changed my life and, more importantly, it has changed the lives of many of my customers.”
—Peter Smith, Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Hearts On Fire
“Caliper can dramatically improve your ability to hire and develop top performers. If you want to increase sales, read this book before your competition gets a hold of this gem.”
—Gerhard Gschwandtner, Founder and Publisher, Selling Power
“There is no better book on hiring and developing top performing salespeople.”
,b>—Ron Rubin, Minister of Tea (Owner), The Republic of Tea
“This book should be on the desk of anyone interested in creating the best sales organization possible.”
—Sean Sweeney, President, Chief Operating Officer, Philadelphia Insurance Companies
“A must read. This book can save you a lot of wasted time and energy, while increasing your success rate dramatically.”
—Alyson Brandt, Executive Vice President, General Manager Americas, The Forum Corporation
To discover your defining qualities, take Caliper’s free, in-depth personality profile and receive a developmental guide pinpointing the qualities that distinguish you, along with suggestions for developing your potential.
Table of Contents
- How to Hire and Develop Your Next Top Performer: The Qualities That Make Salespeople Great, Second Edition
- Copyright Page
- A New Introduction
- Part 1 The Sales Enigma
- Part 2 What It Takes To Succeed in Sales
- Part 3 Job Matching
- Part 4 Selecting and Hiring Top Talent
Part 5 Building A Winning Sales Team
- Chapter 19 A Winning Team Starts with the Manager
- Chapter 20 Getting New Employees Up to Speed Faster
- Chapter 21 Sales and Sports: The Psychological Connection
- Chapter 22 The Psychology of “A” Players
- Chapter 23 The Marginal Producer
- Chapter 24 Coaching: How Much Can You Help Someone Improve?
- Chapter 25 Learning and Development
- Chapter 26 Compensating to Achieve Results
- Chapter 27 What Team Building Really Means
- Part 6 The Sales Manager
- Part 7 The Successful Salesperson in Today’s World
- Title: How to Hire and Develop Your Next Top Performer, 2nd edition: The Qualities That Make Salespeople Great, 2nd Edition
- Release date: August 2012
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071791656