In this course you will learn how to create and implement a button that allows users to log in to a website using their Twitter account, effectively bypassing the need to fill out yet another registration form. Basic programming knowledge is recommended for this course, but even beginners can follow along and develop this integration. This course is also great for entrepreneurs who are building a website for themselves.
How Does This Benefit a Website?
Social logins are all the rage these days, and for good reason -- the signup you receive from social logins is up to 30% higher than the standard signup form.
The benefit to websites is the ability to have all of your users connect automatically to social media sites to share your content.
Why Should You Learn It?
Social media login integrations are becoming a much more important part of standard practice in web development. If you can't integrate social media logins you're being left in the dust by your competitors who can.
Other Important Social Media Integrations
Google and Facebook are the other most common social media integrations you'll need to know, and we have courses on how to do that as well.
- Over 8 lectures and 42 mins of content!
- Create a Login With Twitter button to any website
- Be able to repeat the process in just a few minutes for any client
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Course 00:03:27
- Composer 00:03:20
- Creating a Twitter App 00:04:09
- Directory Structure 00:03:16
- Installing Codebird 00:05:17
- Authenticating 00:05:57
- Authenticating - Part 2 00:03:47
- Authenticating - Part 3 00:11:51
- Signing In 00:08:08
- Signing Out 00:01:47
- Introduction to Storing Users 00:02:18
- Database Wrapper 00:03:50
- Updating Dependancies 00:03:51
- Creating Table 00:05:24
- Storing Users 00:05:45
- Title: How to Implement Sign In with Twitter
- Release date: August 2014
- Publisher(s): Stone River eLearning
- ISBN: 100000006A0224