3. Growing Sensibly
In which we start to hammer out an infrastructure and craft a company culture
- You simply cannot afford to be a Luddite. Keep as up-to-date with technology as possible.
- Invest in staff training. It costs much less than hiring experienced staff and if they are decent, they’ll appreciate the cost and effort and repay you with hard work. Once trained you may lose a few people but actually fewer than you would think.
- Develop a company culture that is most in keeping with your personality – it takes much less effort to maintain this way.
- Staff should complement your talents, and not compliment you.
- To start with, don’t think that you can just hire a load of other people to do the key tasks of sales, ...