By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Set up a business letter in the correct format.
• Name the main parts of a memorandum.
• Describe what the minutes of a meeting are used for.
• Cite the main purpose of written proposals and reports.
• State eight things to be explained in the body of a proposal.
As we’ve said, a main purpose of business writing is to communicate ideas so that some action will occur. There are other ways to do this, of course, and you may not always select writing as the best form of communication for your purposes. Writing leaves a record, even when it is sent ...