In a busy world of noise, how do you get your message across?
Everyone knows how vital good communication is in any business. But what’s the point if no-one’s listening to you?
How to Speak so People Listen shows you how to make sure that what you’re saying is being listened to and making a difference. Using proven techniques from the world’s most successful communicators, debaters and conversationalists, you’ll discover how to:
• Always be heard by speaking in a compelling, persuasive and powerful way
• Seize attention, make an impact and leave a memorable first impression
• Think fast and quickly adapt your message to suit your audience
• Stand out at meetings, conferences, networking events and chance encounters
• Be confident at public speaking – someone people really want to listen to
Effective tools, strategies, tips and tricks will make sure you’re able to command attention and know that, whenever you speak, people will want to hear what you have to say.
Table of contents
- Title page
- About the author
- Part One: The way we speak
- Part Two: The four steps
- Part Three: The four situations
- Part Four: Final insights
- Who else needs to speak so people listen?
- Mike can speak so your audience listens
- Also by Mike Clayton
- Learn more
- Title: How to Speak so People Listen
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Pearson International
- ISBN: 9780273788614
You might also like
How to Speak So People Really Listen
Learn how to inspire your audience with best-selling author Paul McGee! 13 things you'll discover when …
So What?: How to Communicate What Really Matters to Your Audience
Supercharge your success by answering the one question everyone cares about , So What?: How to …
How to Speak Human
'An instant classic—this book is so utterly relevant and needed. And it is hellishly refreshing to …
Speak for Yourself
If you think that talking is easy, think again! Why? Because, whether at a meeting at …