Learn how to become a great Data Protection Officer (DPO) under GDPR
About This Video
- A step-by-step guide with examples
- Get basic GDPR knowledge, basic privacy knowledge, and cyber security knowledge
- A very comprehensive course, covering all aspects of the role of DPO and aspects of GDPR
You need basic Privacy knowledge, basic cybersecurity knowledge, and basic GDPR knowledge along with a willingness to succeed to take this course.
- Are you interested in becoming a data protection officer (DPO) under GDPR?
- Or just a privacy consultant/professional?
- Are you interested in hiring a DPO or privacy professional under GDPR?
- Do you want to understand what to look for and what skills are required for this type of position?
- Do you want to understand the hiring errors other companies did?
- Do you want to know exactly how to fulfill this role, how to start on your first day, and what your required tasks are on a legal basis?
- Do you want to understand what your responsibilities are and where they end?
- Do you want to understand the technical assessments that a DPO or privacy professional should do?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this course is for you!
It not only presents what you need to do, but in the end, we’ll also cover some examples from the real world, and let you know how they were addressed by those companies. Privacy or data protection is the hottest topic today, so why not make a significant change in your career and earn more money?
All the code and supporting files for this course are available at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/How-to-Succeed-in-a-Data-Privacy-and-Protection-Career-GDPR-
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to the DPO role
- Chapter 2 : Initiating the DPO role
Chapter 3 : DPO Tasks - GDPR Compliance
- Data Processing obligations 00:07:40
- Legal Basis for Processing 00:06:58
- Consent 00:05:28
- Legal Basis for Processing - Sensitive Data 00:01:44
- Data Subject Rights 00:10:53
- Security and Breach 00:06:26
- Other obligations 00:04:43
- Other statutes - e-Privacy Directive 00:04:18
- Processors under the GDPR 00:03:40
- Processor - Controller Agreement 00:03:03
- GDPR Initial Assessment 00:03:10
- Internal Audits 00:03:27
- Certification and Codes of Conduct under GDPR 00:05:03
- Chapter 4 : DPO Tasks - Risk and DPIAs
- Chapter 5 : DPO Tasks - Technical Assessments
- Chapter 6 : DPO tasks outside the EU
- Chapter 7 : One step by step example + BONUS
- Title: How to Succeed in a Data Privacy and Protection Career
- Release date: November 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789950939